"My family and I want to thank the Patient Advocate Foundation for having this wonderful, generous organization. I was diagnosed at age 34 with colorectal cancer, five months after I had my first child. 2006 has been a very trying and difficult year. Surgery, hospitalizations, radiation, chemotherapy, physical and emotional pain have been my life. With the aid your organization has granted us, we have been able to keep our heads "above water" and maintain our livelihood. We can never thank you enough."
The Beattie Family
Colon Cancer Patient
Case Management ServicesPatient Advocate Foundation is pleased to announce the expansion of its existing patient services division to include the addition of a patient/provider hotline, the Colorectal CareLine, designed to provide assistance to patients who have been diagnosed with colorectal cancer and are seeking education and access to care. The Colorectal CareLine is staffed by a team of clinical case managers with both nursing and social work background who provide individualized service to colorectal cancer patients, their caregivers and providers who are seeking information and/or assistance with the following:
- Navigation through the reimbursement system, including initial interpretation of the patient's benefit language
- Provide direct appeals assistance
- Provide educational resources, including disease specific literature, managed care information and financial resource information
- Provide referrals and linkage to appropriate educational resources
- Provide clinical trials education and conduct clinical trials screening
- Facilitate referrals to appropriate co-payment programs
- Network patients to all known local, state and/or national resources for financial assistance
- Provide case management services to uninsured patients, ensuring access to care and enrollment into Medicaid and/or charity care programs, when appropriate.
Listen to the voice of Colorectal CareLine in a radio broadcast regarding Colorectal Cancer Awareness